Although resolutions and habits should really be reflected upon and changed at all points of the year, January 1st presents a unique opportunity to start fresh, both mentally and from a record keeping standpoint. I’m publishing this here so that I can declare my intentions publicly.
Resolutions/Goals for 2009
- Understand my income and expenses by aggregating financial data into Mint, then create a budget and adhere to it.
- Revamp hard copy filing system and implement process to keep records current.
- Drink no more than 1 normal sized cup of coffee a day.
- Drink no more than 1 normal serving of alcohol per day.
- Publish on this blog daily, if only a sentence or two. Content should be purposeful.
- Exercise 3 times a week, for 20 minutes minimum.
Tracking the goals
- Joes Goals will serve as the simple record keeping device for my daily goals. My goal is to stay in the positive in the overall goals list, along with keeping the chain of “successes” alive.
- Mint will serve as the budgeting and tracking system. I am a little weary of the online setup, but I’ve heard nothing but wonderful things about the service.
- RunningAhead will track my fitness (as it has in the past).